Monday, May 5, 2008

Contrasts

A young black male asked me with total seriousness, "Is it true the government invented AIDS to kill us?"

I was at one of the local juvenile probation camps. This teenage boy had just listened attentively to my talk about sexual self-control. After hearing me be real about my own poor decisions as a teenager, I guess he decided I would also be truthful about this.

The first time I was asked, I remember I thought they were just trying to shock me. They ask some pretty silly things sometimes. One "tip" they tell me related by older black men is that you can tell if a girl has an STD by putting ear wax on your finger and inserting it in her vagina... if she "jumps" then she's probably got something.

I'm not kidding.

But I get that question about the government injecting AIDS into the the black community fairly often. They don't seem satisfied when I tell them it isn't true.

I can't help but contrast that with the phone calls made to Planned Parenthood where a "plant" made uncontested racist statements and wanted assurances that his "donation" would specifically fund abortions of black babies. The response of the Planned Parenthood administrator was absolutely that he could target his money to be used that way and she was "excited" to receive the contribution. You can hear the recording of the conversation on YouTube. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eygv8qEkiFE

While the government did not inject AIDS into the African-American community, they do give millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood so they can run abortion clinics in minority neighborhoods. In this upside-down world, access to abortions is a "right" that before Roe v. Wade was only offered to rich white folks.

Planned Parenthood is considered an ally of minorities. The federal funding of abstinence education is considered an attack on minorities.

Follow the the thinking here: An organization receiving federal funding, which provides government-funded birth control and should it fail, government-funded abortion services... with clinics primarily located in the black and Hispanic communities... whose basic mission is to limit the number of babies born is considered a "friend" of those communities.

An organization teaching young people of all races that they can control their sexual passions, and which has NO financial gain other than a society of better citizens and stronger families... is considered their adversary.

Does anyone else see a problem with this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know - it is crazy (Someone sure has pulled the wool over many peoples eyes)- Like the blog keep it up.

Soon said...

Great observations of our times, Karen & Jim. Not just you but many clear and rational minds can see the darkness of PP. We do live in interesting times, where good is evil and evil , good.
Keep us posted and may more people come to their senses!!
Thanks