Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bragging About My Husband


I love to tell people that my husband writes me poetry. It comes as a surprise (just like the fact that he's an accomplished tap dancer) because he's so... well... BIG. Truth be told, he's not doing too much dancing these days, but he IS still writing me poetry.Jim
was inspired to write it because I went to Sacramento for conference for 5 days. Before this trip, we had never been apart for more than 3 days tops.


I'm undergoing the longest 5 days of my life.
The first 5 days EVER without my wife.
She off and away on another God errand.
What more can I say, but, "Yep, that's my Karen."
She teaches and preaches with sexual speeches
'Bout relating and dating and mating and waiting.

Wherever she goes, folks are glad that she came,
No matter where, their story's the same.
"We've heard this before, but never quite like this:
How in your youth you treasured each kiss.
But then in adulthood it all went awry,
As usual it centered on some selfish guy."

And though the example seems a common enough story
What Satan meant for ill, God will use for His glory.
By teaching the youth the error of their ways,
I guess it worth at least 5 of my days.
Without my wife (though painful for sure)
For the joy set before me I'll have to endure.
The 5 loneliest nights is like bread without leaven.
It's flat and its tasteless. (Thank God it's not 7!)
But I'll give up the 5 for riches in heaven.

(James Kropf 7-17-10)

(Thanks Honeybear. kk)

No comments: